VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!

OUR FACEBOOK PAGE--EYE ON WASHINGTON

Stephen Colbert-- Here.

Our "Vintage" Video Collection Click On Image

Our "Vintage" Video Collection Click On Image
Great Political Moments Caught For Your Pleasure

Friday, November 7, 2008

Morning Brew as Promised

On the video Ustream.tv show, which you can view on the screen to the right of the blog page, I spoke about my morning brew. We were talking about Starbucks and how they, too, are cutting back stores because of the economic crisis. I said that I was reducing my purchases there because I have begun to brew my own concoction at home. Carl had a sip of it and raved about it. He told one of our viewers of the show, who comes on live and blogs to us, that I would post the recipe on the blog. So here it is:

Take a 1/2 gallon pitcher and fill it with the following approximate amounts. Obviously, portion it out based upon your taste.
  • Fill pitcher with 1/3 amount, or so, or less of chocolate soymilk.
  • Fill pitcher with 1/3 amount, or so or less of Pacific brand oat milk.
  • Fill pitcher with an amount of Oregon Chai tea. 
  • Make 1.5 C of hot cocoa mix in a sauce pan. I used 1.5 Tbls. of quality real chocolate cocoa.
  • In a French press (I use the smallest type of press), take 1.5 Tbls. of coffee and place at the bottom of the press. Fill it with the hot cocoa, and press it. Pour blend into pitcher.
  • Top off the pitcher with any, or all of the top three liquids.
  • Drink up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks jerry! i don't have a french press and no oregon chai, what a shame.

but thanks for effort!

maybe del, will enjoy it?

thanks again,

fuzzy