I want to put out some facts about Senator McCain and how he has been drinking the GOP Regressive brand of Kool-Aid.
- McCain had a big dose of the Regressive Kool-Aid when he began supporting Ahmed Chalabi, the former head of the Iraqi National Congress, 2000-2003, an exiled Iraqi group, leading McCain and other GOP'ers by the nose to war through misinformation. Chalabi's goal was to take down Saddam and be installed as the president of Iraq. McCain had supplied this exiled group, specially Chalabi, with millions of taxpayer dollars. Chalabi was a mastermind in setting up the Regressives to believe that Saddam had WMD's when there were none. He had recently been Iraq's oil minister, no doubt, hoping to gleen more from that position.
- He was found guilty, and Jordanians find him a fugitive from justice, for embezzling $300 million from the bank he ran in Jordan. He is really an upstanding fellow for McCain to supply with American dollars.
- McCain appears to not know the difference between Sunni and Shia, and which side of the fight Iran is on. So much for McCain's foreign policy acumen. Now he needs Joe, 100 more years of war, Lieberman to help him answer questions.
- And then there is McCain's deep ties to lobbyists, whereby he does their Congressional bidding for them. His girlfriend, Vicki Iseman, and client, Paxton Communications, had McCain do their bidding when they tried to take over a Pittsburgh Public Broadcasting t.v. station and convert it into a full time religious station. This is just one example of how McCain does the political bidding for lobbyists who give him political contributions.
- In mid 2007, McCain missed 10 of 14 votes on Iraq.
- In 9/07, McCain voted against the Webb Amendment calling for adequate troop rests between deployments.
- In 7/07, McCain voted against a plan to drawdown troop levels in Iraq.
- In 3,5,6/06, McCain voted against an amendment that would provide $20 M for veteran health care facility needs and for veteran medical care needs.
- In 3/04, McCain voted against creating a veteran's reserve fund addressing medical care.
- In 10/03. McCain voted to table an amendment to provide additional safety equipment for troops in Iraq.
- In 8/01, McCain voted against increasing funds for veteran medical care.
Is this the Commander-in-Chief Bob and other GOP Regressive supporters want in our White House? The 100 year war and "there'll-be-more-wars" Regressive choice for president needs to be shown the exit door for good!
Now, Bob and other Regressives attacked Obama over a number of inane issues. One Bob brought up was that Obama did not engage in the pledge of allegiance ceremony by placing his hand over his heart during the recitation. This ineptness on Bob's part shows that the Regressives are desperate.
Bob, what about President Bush not placing his hand over his heart during the pledge? Or, when he placed the wrong hand over his heart?
The real question is, does Bob have any shame over the real facts about his right-wing positions? Is this all he has to complain about, while American deaths rise to 4000 in Iraq? And why does he support McCain, a loose cannon, whose votes in Congress have shown he does not want to ease the stresses our soldiers are suffering from during a war that has lasted longer than World War 2? The reality is, McCain does not support the soldiers. He only pays lip service to it by making an appearance with his puppet master, Joe-the Shmo- Lieberman.
The fact is, Bob, that during a fish fry in Iowa, a woman at that event sang the Star Spangled Banner, and that was when a photographer snapped the picture of Obama standing there with his hands clasped together and not over his heart. If you don't know, one does not need to place their hand over one's heart during the Star Spangled Banner, Bob, then I have just told you so.
It is sad how people like Bob follow the Regressive talking point spin-lie machine without ever doing some simple fact searching.
Bob, and other right-wing sheep will follow the wolves even though they will be taken down by their con game.